“We strive to be a body of believers in Jesus Christ, committed to reaching out to our community with God’s love.”
Whenever we gather we seek to Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, to Bless one another as members of the Body of Christ (His Church), and then to Go with the love of Christ into our homes, communities, workplaces and the world abroad. Keeping these three simple words (GROW, BLESS, GO) before us, we long “to see the goodness of God in the land of the living” (Psalm 27:13) and to fulfill our role in it.
Statement of Faith
Melba Friends Church
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man receives salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and that the presence of saving faith is revealed by a life lived in obedience to the Will of God.
5. We believe that for the salvation of lost, sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
6. We believe that the essential baptism is that of the Holy Spirit in which all who participate become members of the body of Christ. Christ came to fulfill the law and left no continuing rites as means of grace to be binding upon Christians.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. “Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” (Hebrews 12: 14 NIV)
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe the chief end of man to be to glorify God.